Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Natural, No More

10/18/16 

As my 30's rapidly approached, I began reflecting on my hair.  For the last few months, I noticed that my twist-outs weren't quite right and I became more frustrated with the task of doing my natural hair.  After trying more hairstyles in the span of 3 years than I have in my whole life, I decided to revert back to a relaxer.  Here are the reasons why this was the best choice...for me :)

1. My hair is very dense 
Last Blowout as a Natural
2. I got bored with my go to styles
3. I was putting too much stress on my edges to get the look I wanted
4. I started straightening my hair more often, however it would revert quickly
5. My workout schedule -I need to wash my hair at least once a week and it takes hours that I would prefer doing something else
6. I don't like going to bed in twists or rollers
7. My husband likes my hair straight
8. I like my hair straight

Relaxed
Of course, I know many women out there have some of the same issues, if not all the reasons that I listed and still rock their natural hair like a boss.  Relaxing my hair was a personal choice and after considering the pros and cons of both keeping my curls and going straight, it is one that I am comfortable with.  I have never appreciated my natural texture as much as I do now, AND it came to a point where I was holding on to being natural even though it was no longer conducive to my lifestyle.  




I would like to encourage you to do what's best for you. If you're on the verge of making a change, do your research and remember that your hair is a matter of preference...it doesn't define you.

-His Millennial Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment