Thursday, September 17, 2015

Quads vs Jeans





"You either want quads or you want jeans you really can't have both"

I saw this quote on Instagram today and it fits perfectly with my blog for today.  I now know that I am not alone.  Over the past month or so I have had the bitter sweet opportunity to experience gains first-hand!

The first occasion was this summer, I wanted to slip into some fitted cargo shorts and couldn't even get them past my thighs.   When I couldn't fit the shorts, I was so excited becuase I had just gotten through complaining to the hubby about how slow my leg progress was...very ironic.

The second occasion was a pair of old jeans.  All of my usual jeans were starting to feel a bit more snug than usual (Most of my bottoms are fitted with stretch specifically because I was not genetically blessed with the traditional "black booty" if you know what I mean).  I grabbed an old pair from my mom's house that were skinny but were a larger size and wider leg openings...I was putting them on and as I got to the hopping portion to get my pants in the perfect spot..."riiiiip"  I stood there with the uh-oh-face looking at my husband.  "Did you hear that?!"  I looked behind me and sure enough, the pants were gonners.

The final straw was this past weekend.  Now granted, I have gotten to the point where I would much rather wear leggings, shorts or dresses just because my legs have started to get so uncomfortable in my other pants, but I could still wear them!  This weekend, I went through literally three pairs of jeans that could no longer fit past my thighs and if I could squeeze them past, they wouldn't sit on my waist.  I felt like I was sagging, but it tight pants lol you know how the guys are wearing them these days! p.s. that's not cool.

With my wardrobe options dwindling, I began to get a tad bit frustrated.  Then my husband had to remind me "Hey this is a good thing!  Gains baby, this is what you wanted remember?"  "yeah but these are nice jeans!"  I was a little annoyed but I had to snap out of it quick; hubby is absolutely right.  I have been putting in a lot of lower body work to see shape and definition reveal itself in my naturally slim frame. I still have bulking goals and growing out of pants is a victory that I will take!

What's pretty cool is that I'm not the only one experiencing "gain-syndrome".  There's so many ladies on social media that share my experience.

I'll go shopping soon to replace clothes that I've outgrown, including dresses and tops that now fit too tight around the arms.  I'll definitely be more strategic about what I purchase so I'll literally have room to grow.

-His Millennial Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment